Sunday, October 19, 2014

Midterm Reflection

To think rhetorically means to create opinions in your head, and start creating an argument for your opinion. Part of rhetoric is also being able to persuade people to your opinion or away from others. As this class continues on, the definition will shift to being able to go through all the steps we are going through now in our head. We will be able to create stances in our head after reading articles, as well as being able to identify rhetorical parts or ideas in articles we read. The biggest sticky point for me is opening up in my writing. I'm used to writing like a robot with no emotion. This class has challenged me to put my thoughts and emotions into my writing and let them shine, instead of just following a certain pattern to get an A. By being able to better express myself, I feel like a stronger writer. The blog posts have been working really well. They have been causing me to think carefully about the articles and write what I feel about the article. The only thing I would like is less questions to go along with the article. I feel like I actually pay more attention to the article when I am able to freely read it and respond to it, rather than just looking for keywords to answer questions.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad this mode of communication has really allowed you to open up as a writer. I try to create a safe environment for all students to experiment, play with language, learn new strategies, etc. You've really blossomed as a writer. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete