Monday, October 6, 2014

Computers Change the Way We Think

This article was so interesting! Before even reading the article, the title reminded me of something I learned in my computer science class. It had to do with making us faster readers, and the when we watched words flashing at an increasing pace we could actually becoming faster readers by doing it for a prolonged period (not all at one time, over a period of a week or more) to achieve results.

Once I began reading the article, I was a bit sad that what I just talked about wasn't in the article, but the article was interesting nonetheless. Presentations are such a big deal for us, and powerpoint has made it easier and more interactive and interesting for us to listen and now watch presentations. I believe that computers are making life so much better for us.

One of the downsides to computers however is that people aren't really learning as much. I have always been a pretty good speller, but for some people they rely on spellcheck to fix all of their words for them. This is bad as people won't always have spellcheck with them where ever they are in life, and that they will have to figure out how to spell something on the spot, or ask someone.

Computer Culture is huge, and it is a part of everyone's daily lives now, and it is one of the most important aspects of many people's lives today.

No comments:

Post a Comment