I loved chapter 1 so much. Calling the GOP "Pale, Male, and Stale" was so accurate and true that I started laughing out loud while reading it. I had an easy time reading this introduction as a lot of what was said was talked about in my politics class here, so this first chapter was basically a review of what I have been learning for the past couple of weeks. Something that I did find interesting however, was the fast growing support for the legalization of marijuana, as the percent of support seems to keep on rising ever so quickly.
Just reading the first page left me in awe in chapter 2. 10000 Baby Boomers turning 65 every day!? Thats only baby boomers! While reading, the idea of putting a life on hold is weird to me. I understand that he can't do anything about it, however just relaxing and not trying to break free is the issue I see. If he's too comfortable, he will never want to leave. This safety net is making millennials less worried about the future, and worry can be a good thing sometimes. I had never heard of this boomer die websites before, but they sounded creepy. Who cares if your bashing baby boomers on the web anyways? Most Baby boomers will never see it. Thats what I believe anyways, theres not point to complaining to the internet if you want something done, and even if you were going to complain, what would you say? People complaining about baby boomers aren't helping a cause at all, they are just complaining.
Again, I love all these percentages they are throwing at us! 41% of children are born to unmarried couples? That's crazy! As long as the children are being cared for, I don't mind. I just think it's crazy that that number is so high! I'll end this post with another great quote, that was sassy and snarky and makes me love this book more and more.
"Silent Generation: Uneasy with [...] the size of growing government. But hands off their social security and medicare!"
So funny about your comment that Baby Boomers wouldn't read those websites anyway!
ReplyDelete